- Change page language to spanish
- Page language: English
THE BENEFITS OF JUICE BASED ON ITS COLOUR
Fruit is an essential part of a healthy and varied diet. Because of this, juices are, for some, a quick and tasty way to have their daily “ration” of fruit, of ingesting the minerals and vitamins their bodies need.
Thanks to their high fibre content, nutritious properties and hydrating action, juices provided many health benefits, among which some add their purifying and detoxing action, present in certain diets.
The Spanish Association of Juice Manufacturers even details the benefits offered by juices depending on their colour:
– Thus, white and green juices (from pear and/or apple) protect our cells, thanks to a bioactive compound known as flavonoids, and reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.
– As for blue and dark red juices (from berries), they help increase blood flow and reduce vascular inflammation thanks their content of anthocyanins (polyphenols).
– In the case of red juices (tomato, grapefruit, watermelon, guava, papaya), the bioactive component of the red pigment known as lycopene (carotenoid) reduces the probabilities of suffering prostate cancer and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
– Orange and yellow coloured juices (carrot, apricot, mango, pineapple…) are composed of beta-carotene (carotenoid), which acts as an antioxidant in our organism, capturing free radicals, reducing the risk of cancer and improving our immune system.
Furthermore, apples help bowel movements due to the gel-forming fibre, pectin, found in its skin. They have a flavonoid called floridzine which can protect post-menopausal women from osteoporosis and can also increase bone density. Boron, another ingredient in apples, also strengthens bones. They reduce cholesterol.
The high content of vitamin K is essential in fixing calcium to the bones, which is why it’s important for bone health. And they are easily ingested in juices.
Spinach and its high fibre content make it an obvious intestinal tract cleanser. The system is cleansed through the elimination of residue accumulated in the digestive tract by way of a soft laxative effect. It regenerates and re activates red blood cells in the blood and supplies fresh oxygen to the body due to its high iron content.