Who is the Data Controller with regard to your data?
Users may contact us by email at email@example.com in the event of any query or need they may have as regards data protection.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
Users are hereby informed that Mahou will process any personal data that Users might provide via the contact forms and account registration on the Website for the purposes indicated below, to the extent that a legal basis exists for each process, as explained below:
- (a) Guarantee access to and usage of the Website by the User.
- (b) Manage the relationship between the User and Mahou, including the management of any purchases that the User might make in the Mahou store, and involvement by the User in competitions, promotions and websites, computer applications and/or the social media forums of Mahou (hereinafter, the "Content") (including, without being confined to, verification that the User fulfils the necessary requirements in order to be able to receive the promotion or competition prize and to make delivery thereof).
- (c) Generate statistics and market studies, including analysis as to the behaviour of Users within the context of their browsing and the creation of User profiles by means of integration and combined processing of the information obtained by means of cookies or similar technologies of any Content with the pre-existing information regarding the User in the Mahou databases, or obtained from any social media platforms, including, without being confined to, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, or other Content, all the above for the purpose of better understanding the User, performing market studies, and for offering more customised content and promotional activities.
- (d) Inform the User by any means, including the sending of commercial communications to the email address that the User might have provided, regarding Mahou products and services similar to those acquired by the User.
- (e) Perform promotional activities regarding other products, activities and services of both Mahou and third parties, including the sending of commercial communications by electronic or other channels to the email address that the User might have provided, or that might have been obtained by Mahou from the User's browsing information, in the event that the User grants consent.
What is the legitimate basis for the processing of your personal data?
- The legal basis for data processing for purposes (a) and (b) is the execution of the service provision and/or sale agreement for the corresponding products.
- The legal basis for data processing purposes (c), (d) and (e) is the consent requested of the User, although the withdrawal thereof will not under any circumstances affect the execution of the service provision agreement.
When you provide your personal data, Mahou will gather and process those that are essential for registration, access to the User's personal area, and contact with the Mahou Customer Service team. Should the User decide to acquire any Mahou product or service, or participate in its promotions and/or competitions, Mahou will gather and process the required data (including full name, address, email address, etc.) in order to manage the purchase process and provide any other services. The User is aware and accepts that failure to complete certain personal data may prevent Mahou from providing all those services linked to said data. Mahou may under no circumstances assign or exploit said data, or use them for any purpose other than that expressly indicated here. During the process of registration and completion of the contact form, the User will be informed that the gathering of certain data is not necessarily required for the provision of Mahou services.
The User may voluntarily provide additional information in certain subsections of the Mahou website. The decision to provide such information is entirely that of the Users themselves. Mahou nonetheless advises Users not to provide any more information than that required in accordance with the purposes for which they may use the services.
Mahou may also process geolocation data in order properly to provide the services offered by the website, including (i) the location of stores, (ii) calculation of delivery costs, and (iii) service customisation. In such cases the User will be notified, allowing this functionality to be accepted or rejected.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Mahou will keep Users' data during the contractual relationship with the User, and in all cases for a maximum period of seven years from the last time when the User interacted with Mahou, notwithstanding any preservation that might be necessary for the formulation, exercise or defence of potential claims, and/or the terms permitted by the applicable legislation. Upon expiry of the aforementioned period, Mahou undertakes to cease from processing all your data, and duly to block your data in the corresponding Company databases.
Who has access to your personal data?
In addition to the above, the User understands that Mahou may perform assignments or communications of personal data in order to fulfil its obligations regarding Public Authorities in those cases so required in accordance with the legislation in force at the time in question, and also, where applicable, likewise such bodies as Law Enforcement Agencies and Court Bodies.
What rights do Users enjoy?
Mahou informs the User of the possibility that they enjoy free of charge to exercise rights of access, rectification, objection, deletion, portability and limitation of processing, and to reject automated processing of personal data, by means of a signed, written request sent to the legal department at following address: 'Departamento de Asesoría Jurídica', Calle Titán 15, 28045 Madrid, or by means of the Customer Service Department form. The User must for this purpose send written notification, indicating the request or right exercised, full name, address for service, together with a copy of their national identity document or valid document accrediting identity (photocopy of passport). If via a representative, an official document confirming the powers of representation must be provided. Users may likewise exercise their rights by sending a photocopy of their national identity document (or passport), on both sides, by means of the "Contact us" form, if this exists.
Users enjoy the right to object to the processing of their data for promotional purposes for the receipt of commercial communications, simply by notifying Mahou of this wish. To this end, the User may submit a request by means of the procedure described in the paragraph above. The User may likewise cancel the receipt of commercial communications in accordance with the manner indicated in each commercial communication (for example, by means of a link included in each such communication).
In addition to the above rights, the User will be entitled to withdraw the consent granted at any time by means of the aforementioned procedure, without said withdrawal of consent affecting the lawfulness of any processing prior to the withdrawal thereof. Mahou may continue to process the User's data to the extent permitted by the applicable law.
Mahou reminds the User that they enjoy the right to file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
What is the minimum age for a User to access our products and services?
Mahou advises Users that, except in cases of legally established and accredited representation, no User may use the identity of another person and disclose their personal data, and users must therefore at all times take into account that they may only provide personal data corresponding to their own identity, and where these are appropriate, relevant, current, precise and truthful. To this end, Users will be the sole parties liable as regards any direct and/or indirect damages caused to third parties or to Mahou through the use of the personal data of another person, or their own personal data if they are false, incorrect, out of date, inappropriate or irrelevant. A User giving the personal data of a third party will likewise be liable before said party as to the obligation of information if the personal data were not gathered from the individual concerned, and/or the consequences of having failed to give said information and, where applicable, to obtain consent.
In the event that the User provides any personal data of third parties, the User undertakes to inform said person in advance of the intention to communicate their data to Mahou, and to obtain their prior, express, written consent for said data processing, and any purposes for which the data might be processed, with the User bearing liability if this is not performed.
The User is the sole source of their personal data, and Mahou therefore asks that, in order to keep the data updated and current at all times, in accordance with the principles of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), they serve notice of any modification thereto, at the address Calle Titán 15, 28045 Madrid, or by selecting the corresponding option in the "Contact us" section of the Content, if this exists. Users are reminded that in order to proceed to update their data, they must provide accreditation of their identity by submitting a photocopy of their national identity card or equivalent document.
The website may include hyperlinks to other sites that are not operated or controlled by Mahou. Mahou therefore does not guarantee, nor accept any liability for, the lawfulness, reliability, usefulness, accuracy and updating of the content on such websites, or any data processing conducted by them. Before you provide your personal information to such websites outside the control of Mahou, please bear in mind that their data protection compliance may differ from ours.