10 tricks for a balanced diet
It’s not necessary to be hungry, or turn your back on much-loved temptations such as chocolate. With these small tricks, you’ll lose weight without a great deal of suffering.
- Begin your day with a complete breakfast. Begin with juice or a piece of fresh fruit. Bread, cereal or whole grain cookies, a low-fat or vegetable dairy product, then healthy protein (Serrano ham, egg or turkey), olive oil and something sweet, which could be a marmalade without added sugar.
- Eat 5 times a day: After breakfast, have a mid-morning snack, and another one mind-afternoon. This is on top of lunch and a light dinner.
- Grab a bite between meals: Obviously, though, this snack needs to be healthy: a low-fat yoghurt, a piece of fruit, low-fat cold meats.
- Don’t forget the carbs: However, have them for breakfast or at lunch time, but not for dinner. Furthermore, your diet should include legumes 3 times a week.
- Avoid hidden sugars: If you read the ingredients of the product you eat, you may be surprised, as you may find hidden sugars in products that appear to be healthy, such as canned vegetables, soups, Tetra-pak purées, etc.
- Control the sweets: If you indulge your sweet tooth, this will make you want to eat even more sweets. To avoid this, satiate your hunger with a salty snack (nuts, yoghurt, an omelette…) and the craving will soon pass. If not, then eat intelligently: an ounce of dark chocolate, puffed rice, home-made sweets…but avoid all types of industrial desserts.
- When is best to eat what: Carbohydrates should be consumed for breakfast or lunch, while it’s best to leave proteins for dinner time, and always grilled, baked or steamed. For dinner, the less fat, the better.
- Return to packed lunches: Cook for yourself, avoid eating out as much as possible. Take the food you prepare, so you’ll always know what you’re eating and will have total control over your health and the amount of fat you ingest. Furthermore, you’ll be able to control your cravings and look healthy.
- Exercise: It’s best to practice a mix of cardio and toning.
- Get moving: In addition to physical exercise, try to add more activity to your day to day life. For example, avoid the elevator, leave your car at home…walk around more.
Via Elle http://www.elle.es/belleza/dietas/10-trucos-adelgazar